Justin Roberts has extensive audit and assurance experience with public and private companies around the world. He has experience advising clients on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), US GAAP, and SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley issues as well as advising clients through acquisitions, internal control implementation, assisting companies with their monthly financial close process and accounting for other complex transactions.
Justin has significant outsourced accounting experience providing acquisition, onboarding, technical accounting, and Chief Accounting Officer/Controller experience. He leads the Oil & Gas Consulting Group for the Dallas Office, the firm’s Annual Energy Conference in the Dallas market and internal training for all Whitely Penn auditors.
Board and Community Service
- North Dallas Chamber of Commerce (NDCC)
- University of North Texas – Accounting Advisory Board
- Habitat for Humanity
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Council of Petroleum Accountants Society (COPAS)
Professional Board Service
- North American Petroleum Accountants Conference – Former Chairman
- Dallas Chapter of the Council of Petroleum Accountants – Executive Committee
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants Oil & Gas Institute Conference – Committee Member